For now, and for the future.
What support is right for you?
The first step is to ask your current health care provider to identify what supports your need now and may need in the future.
Most people are cared for by their own doctor in partnership with other health professionals and specialist palliative care services, in close cooperation from family and friends.
Palliative care is different for everyone, depending on what they need. It may include:
- treatment to relieve pain and other symptoms
- aids to help someone at home
- help with washing, dressing and eating
- links and referrals to services such as home help, financial support and respite care
- cultural support
- emotional, social and spiritual support
- counselling and grief support
- practical and emotional support for families and carers