Community Education Program
About Last Aid
Community Education Program is Now AVAILABLE in South Australia!
Everyone is likely to experience the need to be a first responder at an accident or emergency at some point in their lifetime and therefore need to know the basic knowledge and skills of first aid.
Everyone will know someone who is experiencing serious illness, dying, death or grief at some point in their lifetime.
What is Last Aid?
Last Aid is a 4-hour international standardised introductory level community education program.
What topics are covered?
- Dying as a normal part of life
- Planning ahead
- Relieving suffering
- Final goodbyes
Who Should Attend?
This education program is for members of the community, community groups, businesses, retirees, who want to improve their confidence and skills in supporting carers, family members, colleagues or people experiencing a terminal diagnosis, dying, death or grief.
At Palliative Care SA, we believe that just as every organisation needs a First Aider, we all need a Last Aider, because dying, death and grief are universal.
Book a PalliLEARN course for your community organisation, business or group
We can deliver LAST AID for your community group, business, or other groups. This is delivered face-to-face only.
- Cost & inclusions: $1,500 (excl GST)
- We provide a co-branded flyer + social media tile for you to share, a booking system (Eventbrite, including monitoring and communications with participants), marketing on our website and social media, participant resource kit, bump in + 4-hour training (x2 facilitators)+ bump out, training banners, training evaluation, and summary training report for you afterward.
- You provide the venue (including AV), catering (including welcome tea/coffee + 30 mins break time catering), handouts to localise the participant resource kit and promotion of training through their networks,
- Potential additional costs: If located more than 10km from CBD, travel costs from ADL CBD (including staff time + km reimbursement) and parking if required.
- Participant numbers: Minimum participants 6 and max participant 18. Workshop style: ensuring venue can manage size with COVID-safe requirements.
- Delivery method: Face to face
Become a Host or Facilitator
Learning more about becoming a PalliLEARN host in a jurisdiction outside of South Australia.
Palliative Care South Australia (PCSA) is the international licence holder for LAST AID for Australia. Currently, LAST AID is being delivered in:
- South Australia
If you are interested in being a LAST AID Host in Australia, please contact us for more information.
Become a Last Aid Facilitator
Our LAST AID facilitators are experienced, palliative care professionals.
If you have worked in palliative care in South Australia and are interested to become a LAST AID facilitator (either volunteer or paid role) please contact us for more information.
Evidence about the benefits of Last Aid
Last Aid Course. An Education For All Citizens and an Ingredient of Compassionate Communities
Last Aid and Public Health Palliative Care: Towards the development of personal skills and strengthened community action
The last aid course – A Simple and Effective Concept to Teach the Public about Palliative Care and to Enhance the Public Discussion about Death and Dying